Monthly meeting: Chenies Manor—History and gardens

By | 11/05/2019
When:
28/05/2019 @ 14:00 – 15:45
2019-05-28T14:00:00+01:00
2019-05-28T15:45:00+01:00
Where:
Community Centre

Valerie Edwards

Chenies Manor is one of the finest Tudor mansions in the UK. Owned by the Cheyne family from 1180 – 1526 when the house passed by marriage to the Russell family. Sir John Russell became the 1st Earl of Bedford and the Manor was owned by the Bedford family until 1956 when it was purchased by colonel and Mrs McCleod Matthews.
Valerie will be telling us more about the history of the mansion as well as the award winning gardens

Category:

Leave a Reply